07 5476 8877
Bell Stainless projects are warranted to be free from defects in materials and / or workmanship for a period of at least 12 months from the date of supply or installation - whichever is relevant for the project. Within the warranty period we will, at our sole discretion, repair or replace any components that fail in normal use. Such repairs or replacement will usually be made at no charge to the customer for parts and / or labour - depending on the specifics of the project.
The length of our standard warranty, on work supplied by Bell Stainless, is also determined by the category it comes under as follows:
For goods fabricated by Bell Stainless
12 months warranty on materials and workmanship where Bell Stainless has provided fabrication of an item - subject to normal wear and tear of the item. This is generally extended by a further 12 months if the item was fabricated and installed by Bell Stainless.
The main exception to this is in the event where a construction contract was entered into for the job in question, then the contract's Terms and Conditions supercede this warranty policy.
For goods supplied but not fabricated by Bell Stainless
Goods and materials not manufactured by Bell Stainless are subject to the warranties provided by their relevant manufacturers. While we make every effort to recommend and / or supply only high quality materials which have been proven over long periods in real-world situations, we're aware that things like composition of glue or timber used in our fabrication processes are completely out of our control.
For materials used in the fabrication of items by Bell Stainless
Materials such as brass, copper, stainless steel, timber for substrates, glue for bonding, and fixings such as screws, dynabolts and various others are not manufactured by Bell Stainless.
Please keep in mind that the patina process (ie oxidisation) on the surface of brass or copper is normal, it's not a fault. This process can be slowed or possibly halted, but requires extra time and / or expense.
What's NOT covered under warranty by Bell Stainless
For Benchtops - separation of benchtops from the timber substrate, in the case of any of the following circumstances:
• a prolonged water leak (typically from a faulty tap) has deteriorated the structural integrity of the timber and has caused it to break away from the glue bonding it to the metal;
• prolonged exposure to intense direct sunlight has caused a weakening of the bonding glue;
• prolonged practice of sitting very hot saucepans etc directly on the surface of the benchtop;
• damage to the surface of the benchtop by acids or other contaminants which has left etched markings that don't rub off;
• stainless steel only - tea staining as a result of salt, chlorine or other contaminants that have been allowed to sit on the surface of the stainless steel. This can generally be removed by hand using a cleaning product such as Quickleen-S.
For all Projects, this warranty does not apply to:
(i) cosmetic damage, such as scratches, nicks or dents;
(ii) damage caused by accident, abuse, misuse, flood, fire, or other act of nature or external causes;
(iii) damage caused by service performed by anyone who's not an authorised service provider of Bell Stainless;
(iv) damage as a result of modifications to the asset without the prior written permission of Bell Stainless (including any "protective coatings" that may be applied by others); or
(v) the surface finish of the asset if it hasn’t been cleaned and maintained to Bell Stainless specifications on an annual basis. These specifications include:
• the use of a high quality stainless steel cleaner. We use, recommend and supply Quickleen-S as it does a great job of cleaning, it's non-toxic, and biodegradable - click this link for more information,
• thorough cleaning of all surfaces, especially in crevices and joins in the material, and
• rinsing with fresh water after cleaning.
Please note that as a general rule Bell Stainless does not modify or repair benchtops fabricated by others
This applies most specifically to ones where the stainless steel has let go of the timber substrate. Due to the broad range of timbers and glues used by various fabricators we have absolutely no control over what negative results may occur in areas adjacent to where work is carried out.
In the event that Bell Stainless does concede to work on another fabricator's bench, the warranty (if it applies at all) will only apply to the immediate area where work was undertaken, and will be for a duration of 60 days only.