07 5476 8877
You've bought a new cooktop, but there's gaps - What can you do? ….. OR
You're trying to find a replacement cooktop that'll fit in the existing cutout
These are common scenarios for kitchen renovators, since many new cooktop models are narrower than the older ones.
DON'T PANIC, this is not a problem.
• there should be no need to replace your benchtop (unless there's something else wrong with it).
• you probably don't even need to return your new cooktop, and start the process of looking for another one.
Our custom-made cooktop surrounds mean you can use almost any new cooktop (as long as it will physically fit) with your existing benchtop.
This is great news for anyone renovating on a budget, or anyone wanting to tidy up a damaged benchtop around the cooktop area.
For situations where the surround will cover a large gap, it may be wise to fill the gaps with timber first to support the stainless steel. It doesn’t have to be super neat, since as long as the timber doesn’t stick up above the benchtop you’ll cover it with the cooktop surround, and the glue will fill in any “neatness” discrepancies.
Also be aware that while it’s easier to install your new cooktop once the surround is in place, if you're in a time bind to get the new cooktop installed by your electrician or plumber you can slide the surround diagonally over the pre-installed cooktop if you need to. This will require 2 people, but can be done pretty easily.
How to order your custom-made cooktop surround and solve the problem
• select the price option for your region from the pull-down menu below - international customers please select "Details only - for supply by others"
• enter your complete shipping address above, unless you're planning to pick up your order in person - international customers can leave this field blank.
• enter your email address above.
• click the Add to Cart button above - this will take you to your PayPal online Shopping Cart. If you want add more items to the cart, click the Continue Shopping button.
• when you've got all the items you want in your cart, click the Check Out button. If you want to use PayPal for the online payment, enter your login details, then follow the prompts. If you'd rather use a credit card click Don't have a PayPal account?, then follow the prompts.
• fill out the form at this link and click the Submit form button at the bottom, which will send us the details for your custom-made cooktop surround. We'll cross-check what we can from the details provided, and let you know if we need any more information.
• Contact us either by email email@example.com or phone 07 5476 8877 to make sure we've received both your details and payment.
• We'll contact you to either let you know your order is ready for pickup, and / or to confirm your shipping details for delivery.
• When your new cooktop surround arrives, follow these directions to install it - should take about 15 minutes once you've got everything ready.